Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thanksgiving dinner for 1 or 2

Quick and easy Thanksgiving dinner for 1 or 2.

Turkey Cutlets stuffed with stuffing, onion, apple, and cranberry sauce.

Ingredients
1 package Turkey Cutlets
1 small package of stuffing mix  (some will be left over)
1 apple
1 small onion
1 can cranberry sauce
 1/2 cup water

Prepare packaged stuffing as directed.  Cook sliced apple and onion over medium heat.  When apple and onion are cooked add a few tablespoons of cranberry sauce.  Add approximately 1 cup cooked stuffing and stir all together.   You will probably have extra stuffing for another time.  Place a couple of tablespoons of this mixture in the middle of the turkey cutlet and seal together with a toothpick.
Place remaining stuffing mixture around the cutlets in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cup water into baking dish.  Bake at 350 for approximately 25 or 30 minutes.

The turkey might be a little dry for you, but I like my turkey cooked and smothered in cranberry sauce! 
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty good Julie, hubby won't be able to make it down for holiday so I am only cooking for Me! And yes, I'm a snow bird. I can't deal with the winter months anymore...loved traveling when I could......so look forward to following you when you venture out on your journey. God bless Zeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. BarbZee, thank you for your comment! I would love to be a snowbird, I just can't do it yet. I love reading about the all the Arizona, New Mexico, and Southern CA adventures. I can't wait till I can get out there with all you nice people and enjoy a warmer winter than I have here in Southern Oregon.

    ReplyDelete