Monday, June 13, 2016

South Beach Diet Day 1

Hello everyone, I'm trying the South Beach Diet this week.  It is new to me.  Last year I lost 25 pounds on my own.  I cut out Coke, candy, donuts, and most sugar.  I gained back a few of those pounds due to 2 deployments in Louisiana with the American Red Cross. 
On Phase 1 of this new diet, you can't have any bread, pasta, or carrots.  These are 3 things I love, so we will see how it goes. 

Here is my breakfast for Day 1 of the South Beach Diet.
Veggie frittata with tomato,  onion, broccoli, spinach, egg substitute, and mozzarella cheese.





On the side I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 tomato.  Also pictured is 1 slice of Canadian bacon that I cut up and ate with the frittata. 

For lunch I had cucumber slices, with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese and 1 teaspoon of spicy brown mustard mixed together, then a bit of sliced turkey and a slice of tomato.

These are hard to eat whole so I cut them in half and ate them with a fork. 





For a snack I had celery with some garlic hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment