Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bad News

I received some bad news as soon as I got to Caracas.  My Rottie has bone cancer.  I have to put her to sleep.  I came home immediately from my trip to spend a couple days with her. She doesn't want to do much as the cancer is in her left leg.  She limps a lot.  My vet is out of the office until Friday.  I'm hoping Bear will be ok till then.  I'm giving her pain medication 3 times a day.  She isn't whining, so the pain meds are working.  It is amazing how quickly a large dog can go downhill with a disease. 
  
Since I didn't take any new pics in Caracas, I will post some later of my last trip.

5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Rottie ... enjoy your last bit of time with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a tough decision to make, but a necessary one. Peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your Rottie. Some times we have to love them enough to do the hard stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I am so sorry to hear about your baby. That time comes to all of us who love our pets with such great love. But it is definitely our responsibility to make sure they don't suffer and that we love them over the Rainbow Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julie, I am so sorry to read this about your baby...it is heart breaking as they share so much love with us..I'm still not over my loss of Joe as he was my Gem of the Ocean.. I will keep you in my prayers and know that all us RV Sistahs are here for you as well..Hug your baby and know her suffering will end and she'll be waiting for you at that Bridge... I know the Lord has purpose for these fur babies...he's shared them with us..

    God Bless
    Zeee and Critters 3

    ReplyDelete