Monday, March 5, 2012

Klamath Falls, OR KOA






Klamath Falls, OR     KOA
 March 5, 2012

I stopped by my local KOA campground to take some pics and find out some info.  They have monthly rates available for $410 including everything except electric which requires a $75 deposit.  As you can see it was a gray day here in Klamath Falls. There weren't a lot of campers in the park.  I think they had about 3 RV's in the area which was for the monthly rentals.  There are not a lot of trees in this park.  The park is located at 3435 Shasta Way, KF, OR 541-884-4644.




     This is the dump station, right next to the playground! LOL
        Just to the left of the playground is a pet walking area.
In front of the pet walking area are 2 camping cabins.
 
 
 
Then next to this area is the camping sites.

In the back of the campground is a small pet pen.

I checked Gas and Diesel prices as I left.


                                                          Gas $3.93.9
                                   Diesel $4.39.9
                                Propane $2.41

   This campground is in a good location in Klamath Falls, but I would only use it a stopover if you are going to Crater Lake NP which is only 1 hour away.  I suggest you go to Crater Lake in June, July, or August.  That way you can drive around the whole rim and see all the lake.  



Did You Know?
Crater Lake was formed when a massive eruption of Mount Mazama 7700 years ago caused the mountain to collapse, leaving a steaming caldera. Centuries of rain and snow filled the caldera creating Crater Lake.
Here is the link to Crater Lake NP   
                        http://www.nps.gov/crla/index.htm
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Julie - to answer your comment on my blog about the solar lights, no, they are not on a string. They are purchased separately for around $2 each. I got mine at Walmart. The camper who gave me the idea got his on sale for $1 each. Put them out and during the day they collect the solar and at night, they light up. Pretty cool. If you copy/paste the following link into your browser, you can see the photo I took, it shows a few of them in my site, lit up.

    http://dewelldesigns.blogspot.com/2011/11/my-yard.html

    Oops, I thought I was already following your blog - NOW I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of us out here are not KOA fans. Some people really like them but for us personally, we find them much too expensive with too many week-end warriors and families. There are just so many other options out there. Terrible price on diesel - good price on propane.

    ReplyDelete